Tena koutou nga neehi Māori o Aotearoa,
Common questions that are asked are: “What are the benefits of joining Te Kaunihera o Nga Neehi Māori o Aotearoa? How do I join to become a member? And what is the cost to become a member?
Firstly, some of the benefits of becoming a member are:
- You will belong to a professional organisation that has a long rich history dating back to 1983
- An organisation mandated by whanau, hapu and iwi
- An organisation underpinned by Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- An organisation guided by Tika, Pono, Aroha, Whanaungatanga, Kaitiakitanga, Kotahitanga and Manaakitanga
- An opportunity to become a leader for our Māori Nursing Workforce as a Branch Chairperson or Branch member
- An opportunity to whanaungatanga with other Māori Nurses at the annual Hui a Tau – The National Māori Student Nurses Hui
- Participate and contribute to national Māori Nurses matters through your local branch
- Have voting rights at the Annual General Meeting
Secondly, joining Te Kaunihera o Nga Neehi Māori o Aotearoa is as simple as clicking on the Mematanga tab above and completing the online form. An invoice will be generated and sent to you. After payment of the membership fee, you will become a member and align with your local Branch for ongoing support and engagement.
Annual membership is from 1 April – 31 March, as set by the National Executive Committee at the Annual General Meeting.
The following membership categories are:
1. Ngā Neehi Māori – Māori Nurses (RN/EN/NP)
a). Annual Fee $115.00 gst inclusive (1 April – 31 March)
b. Pro-rata Fee $57.50 gst inclusive (1 October – 31 March)
2. Tauira Neehi Māori – Student Nurses Annual Fee $23.00 gst inclusive
3. Kaimahi Hauora – Māori Health Workers Annual Fee $23.00 gst inclusive