Te Kaunihera o ngā Neehi Māori is committed to improving the health and wellbeing of whanau. We are building upon many significant contributions of Māori nurse stakeholders and the focus for future outcomes and opportunities that:
- Promote whānau ora and ensure we provide energetic leadership in preserving and promoting the unique position Māori nurses have in achieving outcomes through our health and nursing contributions
- Ensure that the values of the collective of Māori nurses are maintained, practised and supported in every aspect of our activities
- Ensure effective development and integration of our programmes and projects with an efficient infrastructure to meet the demands of progress and future growth
- Develop a greater capacity within Te Kaunihera Neehi Māori o Aotearoa of human, technical and financial resources, and
- Re-build and maintain communication with all Te Kaunihera Neehi Māori o Aotearoa Branches and stakeholders by actively engaging their input at all levels of branch and regional activities to provide opportunities for their contributions towards hauora Māori/ whānau ora in the wider health, nursing, education, and social sectors.
- Maintain and monitor optimum culturally safe nursing practice, ethics and standards.
- Lead and influence research, planning and implementation of health service delivery, health education, and health promotion programmes for Māori.
- Acknowledge and promote traditional healing in nursing and health
- Lead and influence the achievement of quality health standards with Māori organizations, Health providers and other Health Professionals.
- Undertake a continuous programme of reassessment and evaluation
- Disseminate health information throughout whānau, hapū, iwi and Māori community.
- Promote recruitment and retention of Māori at all levels of nursing and health
- Workforce development, mentorship, supervision
- Contribute to achieving positive health and wellbeing outcomes for Māori through the effective delivery of Whānau Ora.
- In the pursuit of positive health outcomes for Māori we ascribe predominance to:
- Tino Rangatiratanga
- Mana Māori
- Māori Nurses and Nursing