Tena koutou nga tauira neehi Māori o Aotearoa,
Common questions that are asked are: “What are the benefits of joining Te Kaunihera o Nga Neehi Māori o Aotearoa? How do I join to become a member? And what is the cost to become a member?
Firstly, some of the benefits of becoming a member are:
- You will belong to a professional organisation that has a long rich history dating back to 1983
- An organisation mandated by whanau, hapu and iwi
- An organisation underpinned by Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- An organisation guided by Tika, Pono, Aroha, Whanaungatanga, Kaitiakitanga, Kotahitanga and Manaakitanga
- An opportunity to become a tuakana and leader for our Māori Nursing Workforce as a Branch Tauira Chairperson or Branch member
- An opportunity to whanaungatanga with Māori Nursing students at our annual Hui a Tau – The National Māori Student Nurses Hui
- Participate and contribute to national Māori tauira matters through your local branch
- Have voting rights at the Annual General Meeting
Secondly, joining Te Kaunihera o Nga Neehi Māori is as simple as clicking on the Mematanga tab above and completing the online form. An invoice will be generated and sent to you. After payment of the Tauira membership fee, you will become a member and align with your local Branch for ongoing support and engagement.
The membership fee is inclusive of the Hui a Tau registration fee, so you automatically become a member by attending the annual Hui a Tau – The National Māori Student Nurses Hui with your nursing school.
Tauira membership to Te Kaunihera o Nga Neehi Māori o Aotearoa - National Council of Māori Nurses is twenty-three dollars per annum ($23.00 including gst).